GY6 Air Performance Upgrade - Level 3
Want to really unlock the power potential of your 150cc buggy?
We're out of stock on the velocity stack part of this package. The sole distributor for this product does not expect to have additional inventory until the July 2020 timeframe. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have them back in stock as soon as possible.
This is our top performance exhaust kit!
Why is this a great product?
Increasing the amount of air and fuel that your engine can process results in increased horsepower. This exhaust package disposes of your restrictive stock air filter box for a free-flowing UNI pod air filter with a velocity stack cold air intake setup, and combines that with a high performance exhaust and larger diameter header pipe tuned for 150cc buggies.
The result? More horsepower on tap at all speeds.
This package truly delivers a significant performance jump over the stock setup. You'll definitely notice the "seat of the pants" difference in power.
All of our customers who have purchased and installed this kit have been VERY happy with the performance!
What you get with this package:
- Powerful, tuned exhaust
- Header pipe with 1" ID
- Compared to 3/4" stock header, provides almost 50% more volume and flow
- Mounting hardware, including:
- Exhaust mounting clamp
- Rubber clamp cushion
- Carburetor main and pilot jets
- Main jet sizes 130, 135, and 140
- Other vendors do not include this variety of jets with this kit!
- Pilot Jet size 40
- Main jet sizes 130, 135, and 140
- 2" free-flowing UNI pod air filter
- Velocity stack intake
- Includes mounting tab and coupler/clamps to attach to your stock carburetor
- Has built-in spark arrestor screen
Now available with Silver, Blue. Green, or Black colored endcaps! Subject to distributor availability.
You will need to rejet your carburetor when installing this mod. Click here to learn how. You may need to purchase addition main and pilot jets for use with this system.
If you run at or above 5,000', start with a 130 main jet and your stock pilot jet. Around the 3,000' level we recommend a 135 main jet and 38 pilot jet, and at sea level --> 1,000' we recommend using a 140 main jet and 40 pilot jet.
Your system may vary slightly depending on your buggy and elevation, so it's good to get one size main jet above and below the recommended size above, along with a couple of regular NGK spark plugs for testing.
This exhaust has been installed and works on most models of 150cc based buggies from many manufacturers. Some slight modification to the header pipe bends may be required depending on your buggy.
If your buggy is not listed below, it does not mean that it will not install, just that we have not tested it directly on that model.
GOOD - exhaust kit installs no problem
- '09-present Hammerhead 150cc models
- '05 Kinroad 150 GK-8 single seater
- '05-08 Kinroad 150
- '05-08 Blade 150
- -04-08 Hammerhead 150 with rear rack
- '04-07 Carter Talon 150 with rear rack
- '04-08 Ace Powersports 150
- Trailmaster 150cc buggies
- American Sportworks Carbide 150
Kinda - exhaust kit installs with some modification
- 04-07 Twister 150 without rear rack
- 04-07 Carter Talon without rear rack
- Yerf dog 150
- Baja Reaction and Dune 150 (depends on model and year - some mount OK)
- Tomberlin 150
No-go - exhaust kit will not install
- 2005-06 Baja Reaction 150cc with bench seat
- Kandi 170cc (to stock cylinder head)
Manufactured by Hammerhead Performance.