Dr. Pulley Slider Weight 23x18 for 250cc
High Performance Sliders 23x18 - Six pieces in this set.
Available in 13g and up.
Dr. Pulley Slider Weights are a different style of roller weight and can be used with your stock variator.
The unique shape of the Dr Pulley weights offer a variety of benefits:
- Sliders engage up to 20% faster than traditional round rollers.
- Due to their form-fitting shape to the interior dimensions of the variator, they allow you to engage in higher gear ratios, even when using lighter than stock weights.
- Dr Pulley Sliders last longer with much less wear than round rollers because they slide rather than roll (hence the name!). Round rollers develop flat spots over time that will contribute to rough accleration and deceleration, as well as reduced overall performance.
Rollers and sliders should be inspected annually (at minimum) for wear. If flat spots or obvious wear is detected, they should be replaced. This is one advantage of sliders, as they already have flat sides and are not affected by this wear as much as rollers.
Choosing the Dr Pulley Slider's weight:
- Lighter weights (13-15g) will give a lot more climbing power at the cost of some top end speed. Cruising speed RPMs will likely increase as well.
- Middle range (17-20g) weights will give improved low end power, climbing, and acceleration versus stock weights. Top speed should be similar to stock weights, and RPMs will be similar to the stock weights
- Heavier weights (21-28g) retain (or slightly improve) existing top speed with the possible expense of climbing ability - but are great for reducing top speed RPMs for better gas mileage.
Buggy Owners: Most popular choices (and why!)
- 13g or 15g: For those who want maximum low end power for climbing and acceleration and do not care about top speed. Works best with the stock or blue main spring. Aftermarket CDI encouraged to allow for more RPMs.
- 17g: For those with a decent amount of hills to climb or want much better low end power without sacrificing significant top speed. Works best with the yellow main spring on CFMoto 250, blue main spring on CN250. Aftermarket CDI a good idea.
- 18g: Great all-around weight for a mix of hills and flat trail riding. Works best with the yellow main spring on CFMoto 250, blue main spring on CN250. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
- 19g: For mostly flat ground trail riding with occasional hills. Some low end gain, excellet top speed retention. Works best with the yellow or red main spring on CFMoto 250, Red main spring on CN250. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
Scooter Owners: Most popular choices (and why!)
- 19g: Great all-around weight for a mix of hills and flat road riding. Works best with the stock main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
- 21g: For mostly flat ground riding with occasional hills. Some low end gain, excellet top speed retention. Works best with the stock or blue main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
- 23g: Great weight for commuting and those who spend a lot of time at cruising speeds. Slightly better low end compared to stock weights. Possible top speed gain and lowered top speed RPMs. Works best with the stock or blue main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
Note: Using Slider weights that are at the lower end of the weight scale can be too light to overcome the main torque spring tension (expecially wih the stronger performance main torque springs) before hitting the RPM limiter in the stock CDI (sparl ignition unit). This can result in less top speed. You can typically get around this using a performance CDI unti with a higher RPM ceiling.
Click here to learn how to install this product!
Important Note: When installing Dr Pulley Slider Weights, refer to this article for specific instructions on the proper orientation for slider weights.
For Buggy Owners, this product fits all 250cc buggies based around the CN250 and CFMoto 250 motors. The Carter 250cc with the SYM engine uses the 25x22 Dr Pulley Slider weights, found elsewhere on our site. 260cc engines usually use the 8-packs of the 20x12 weights on our site.
For Scooter and Quad owners, these slider weights will work with the following brands (and more). Stock roller weight for a each vehicle is listed in Blue (where available). Stock roller weight is meant to assist you in choosing the weight of your Dr Pulley Sliders. Most people choose a weight 10-15% lighter than the stock round roller weights.
Adly:Hurricane 320 (20g)
Aeon: Aeon 313 (22g), Cobra 350-400 Quad (23g)
Daelim: S3 250 FI (25g), SV300 (25g) <--- some models may use 20g stock, depending on year
Dinli: 801-270 Quad (20g)
Ruckus: Big Ruckus 250
Honda: CN250, Foresight 250 (98-99), Forza 250, Forza 300 (19g or 20g), Jazz 250 (00-04), Pantheon 2T 125/150 (98-02), SH I 300 (19g)
Kymco: B&W 250 (2000, 2003), Ego 250, Grand Dink 250 (21g), Grand Dink 300i (20g), Maxxer 250 (25g), Maxxer 300 (25g), People LC 250 (21g), People S 250 (21g), People S 250i (21g), People 300i, Quadro 300 (22g), XCiting 250 (20g), Yup 250 (2003)
Peugeot: SV 250
Piaggio: X9 250 (25g)
Quadro: 350 D (22g), 350S (24g)
SMC: Jumbo 302 (25g)
Triton: Baja 250 (23g), Baja 400 (20g), Outback 300/400 (23g)
Slider weight size 23x18. This product comes with six slider weights in the package.
Don't see the weight you are looking for? Email us and we can special order weights from Dr Pulley!
Dr. Pulley Slider Weight 23x18 for 250cc
As low as $39.95
250cc Clutch Main Spring - Yellow