Dr. Pulley Slider Weight 18x14 for 125/150cc - GY6
Dr. Pulley Slider Weights are a different style of roller
The unique shape of the Dr Pulley weights offer a variety of benefits:
- Sliders engage up to 20% faster than traditional round rollers.
- Due to their form-fitting shape to the interior dimensions of the variator, they allow you to engage in higher gear ratios, even when using lighter than stock weights.
- Dr Pulley Sliders last longer with much less wear than round rollers because they slide rather than roll (hence the name!). Round rollers develop flat spots over time that will contribute to rough accleration and deceleration, as well as reduced overall performance.
Rollers and sliders should be inspected annually (at minimum) for wear. If flat spots or obvious wear is detected, they should be replaced. This is one advantage of sliders, as they already have flat sides and are not affected by this wear as much as rollers.
Choosing the Dr Pulley Slider's weight:
- Lighter weights (7-9g) will give a lot more climbing power at the cost of some top end speed. Cruising speed RPMs will likely increase as well.
- Middle range (10-12g) weights will give improved low end power, climbing, and acceleration versus stock weights. Top speed should be similar to stock weights, and RPMs will be similar to the stock weights
- Heavier weights (13-16g) retain (or slightly improve) existing top speed with the possible expense of climbing ability - but are great for reducing top speed RPMs for better gas mileage.
Buggy Owners: Most popular choices (and why!)
- 9g: For those who want maximum low end power for climbing and acceleration and do not care about top speed. Works best with the stock or yellow main spring. Aftermarket CDI encouraged to allow for more RPMs.
- 10g: For those with a decent amount of hills to climb or want much better low end power without sacrificing significant top speed. Works best with the yellow main spring. Aftermarket CDI a good idea.
- 11g: Great all-around weight for a mix of hills and flat trail riding. Works best with the yellow main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
- 12g: For mostly flat ground trail riding with occasional hills. Some low end gain, excellet top speed retention. Works best with the yellow or red main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
Scooter Owners: Most popular choices (and why!)
- 11g: Great all-around weight for a mix of hills and flat road riding. Our most popular weight for scooter owners. Works best with the stock main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
- 12g: For mostly flat ground riding with occasional hills. Some low end gain, excellet top speed retention. Works best with the stock or yellow main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
- 13g: Great weight for commuting and those who spend a lot of time at cruising speeds. Slightly better low end compared to stock weights. Possible top speed gain and lowered top speed RPMs. Works best with the stock or yellow main spring. Aftermarket CDI worth considering.
Note: Using Slider weights that are at the lower end of the weight scale can be too light to overcome the main torque spring tension (expecially wih the stronger performance main torque springs) before hitting the RPM limiter in the stock CDI (sparl ignition unit). This can result in less top speed. You can typically get around this using a performance CDI unti with a higher RPM ceiling.
Important Note: When installing Dr Pulley Slider Weights, refer to this article for specific instructions on the proper orientation for slider weights.
For Buggy Owners, this product fits all 150cc buggies based around the GY6 125cc and 150cc motors.
For Scooter owners, this product will work with the following brands (and more). Stock roller weight for a each vehicle is listed in Blue (where available). Stock roller weight is meant to assist you in choosing the weight of your Dr Pulley Sliders. Most people choose a weight 10-15% lighter than the stock round roller weights.
Buddy: 125, 150
Honda: Bali 125/150, Pantheon 125 (14g)
Kymco: Agility 4T 125 (2006) (13.4g), Agility 4T EU3 125 (06-08) (13.4g), Agility R16 125 (2009) (13.4g), Agility RS 125 (2009) (13.4g), Agility 200 (13.4g), Downtown 125L (2009) (13g), Heroism 125 (95-97), K-XCT 125 (13g), Like 125 (2009) (13.5g), Movie 125 (99-00), Movie 125 EU3 (06-07), Movie S125i (12g), Movie XL 125 (2001), Movie XL EU2 125 (03-04), People 125 (99=00) (12.8g), People EU2 125 (2003) (12.8g), People EU3 125 (07-08) (12.8g), People S 125 (2005) (12.8g), People S DD EU3 125 (07-08), Super 8 125 (08-09), Vivio 125 (2000), Agility R16 150 (08-09), Heroism 150 (95-97), Movie 150 EU3 (06-07), Movie XL 150 (2001), Movie XL EU2 150 (03-04), People 150 (99-00, 03), Vivio 150 (2000), Like 200i (2009), People S 200 (2005), People S 200i (2007), SB 125 (13g), MXU 50 (8g)
Malaguti: CIAK 125 (00-01, CIAK Master 125 (2004, 2006), CIAK RST 125 (2003), CIAK 150 (00-02), CIAK Master 150 (2004), CIAK RST 150 (2003), CIAK Master 200 (2006)
PGO: G MAX 125/150 (14g), T-REX 125
SYM: Attila/Euro MX, Joymax 125~180, RV 150~180, VS125 (10g), GTS 125 EVO (10.5g)
TGB: Motion 125 (10g), Bellavita 125 (10.5g)
Taishan: TS 125
Slider weight size 18x14. This product comes with six slider weights in the package.
Don't see the weight you are looking for? Email us and we can special order weights from Dr Pulley!
Pick up some Dr. Pulley sliders today!